Kinds of hosting services
A hosting service includes storing and/or sharing certain web content on a server handled by a web hosting provider. There are different categories of hosting services used for different goals, so let's take a peek at these. Thus, you can decide what you want, on the basis of whether you desire to have a web site, mailbox accounts, or to share files with buddies and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution supplied by given vendors, which permits you to share huge files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only aim is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to view an index of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php web files in your browser. Free-of-charge file storage packages are often supported by exhibiting advertisements beside the download links, while a timer forces you to await a specific stretch of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you get a paid file hosting plan, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limitation in regard to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting wholesalers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a totally incorrect explanation of the real definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would allot the workload between independent bunches of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving miscellaneous website hosting services (mail, disk space, statistics, DNS, databases, Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is only a brand of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; given firms offer a hosting service for pictures only. This hosting brand is good if you would like to share a large quantity of pics with comrades or partners since the service is usually free of charge. You will receive a randomly generated link for each and every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution committed to taking care of your email address accounts. Some vendors offer site hosting solutions for websites, but do not provide an email solution. If you want to run an email address with your domain name but do not desire to run a web site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you need. You can set up mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to some video file, or you can embed the video file in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of using this method in lieu of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video file creates a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of video files and several hundred visitors, you may have trouble with your webspace hosting resources. Embedding the video file will allow you to keep as many videos as you desire without bothering about system reserves.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you require if you desire to keep a web site. To a certain degree, it involves all of the abovementioned hosting categories since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can create databases and mail aliases, upload video files, etc. At ASCONWEB Services, for instance, you can take a peek at web hosting and dedicated hosting plans that enable you to get all of the aforementioned solutions in a single location. There may be restrictions depending on the form of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your webspace hosting package may be better or worse in comparison with the common e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are devised for specific content only.